Thank you for your interest in adoption with Across America Boxer Rescue. We are a group of dedicated volunteers who are passionate about rescue and finding the perfect "fur"ever home for each Boxer that comes into our rescue. In order to adopt one of our beautiful Boxers each applicant must go through the application process, which includes the following:
1. Application: Submit your application for adoption by filling out our online adoption application in full. Any application that is not filled out completely will be denied. All of the information we request assists us in finding the perfect Boxer to fill your heart and home with lots of Boxer wiggles, kisses, and love.
2. Personal References & Vet Reference: Inform your personal references and your vet that we will be calling and give them permission to speak with us. Please make sure that your references are not relatives
3. Home visit: This step of the process is one of the most important parts in the process, as it gives our volunteers the opportunity to sit down face to face with you and your family. Our volunteers have all gone through our screening process. After the home visit our volunteers will write up a home visit report and we will then make a decision as to whether to approve or deny your application. You will receive an email with either a approval letter or a denial letter.
4. Meeting our Boxers: Once you are fully approved to adopt our Adoption Coordinator will work one on one with you and your family to match up the perfect Boxer to your lifestyles, and our Boxer's needs. Please note that we take great care in placing our Boxer's.
5. Adoption: Once a decision has been made as to the right fit for your family you will sit down with the foster home and fill out all of the adoption paperwork. All Boxer's will be fully vetted prior to adoption. Vetting includes the following:
And any other known medical needs
The adoption agreement will be filled out and signed by the foster home and your family. You will receive copies of all documents and all vetting documents.
If you are interested in Adopting, please click on the link and fill out our Application.